- OUR SERVICES
- ANALYSIS-HIRE US
- TERM PAPER – HIRE US
- PROPOSAL-HIRE US
- ASSIGNMENT-HIRE US
- JOURNALS – HIRE US
- PROJECTS-HIRE US
- SERMINAL REPORT – HIRE US
- RESEARCH COURSES
- RESEARCH TIPS
- PROJECT MATERIALS
- contact form
- About us
THE IMPACTS OF COMMUNITY BASED REHABILITATION PROGRAMME IN ENHANCING JOB PROSPECTS FOR PERSONS WITH HEARING IMPAIRMRNT
Hearing impairment is the hearing loss that prevents a person from receiving sounds through the ear, it may be mild, moderate, severe or profound which may hinder a person to be able to distinguish sounds. The impairment may occur during pre-natal, post natal and peri-natal stages. Adult or children with hearing loss frequently experiences speech and language deficit and exhibit lower academic achievement and poor social emotional development than their peers with normal hearing. Also, as a result of their hearing loss, it is difficult for them (hearing impaired person) to secure a job and provide for themselves and their family needs.
Community based rehabilitation (CBR) focuses on enhancing the quality of life for people with disabilities (e.g the hearing impaired) and their families; meeting basic needs; and ensuring inclusion and participation, also in the aspect of securing a job. It is a multi-sector all strategy that empowers persons with disabilities to access and benefit from education, employment, health and social services. C.B.R is implemented through the combined effort of people with disabilities, their families and communities, relevant Government and non-Governmental Organizations, health, educational organization, social and other services.
The guidelines of community based rehabilitation is to provide practical suggestion to program managers on how to develop or strengthen community based program to be inclusive of people with disabilities and their families. Community based rehabilitation is implemented through the impaired combined effort of the disable people, their families, communities and representatives of the appropriate health, education, Vocational or social sectors.
Most jobs in our societies require some degree of interactive verbal communication which is likely to be one of the problems which is being encountered by person with hearing loss, one must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, the public and most importantly one’s supervisor. As a result of their hearing loss, they may find it difficult to secure a job in the society
This study looks into the community based rehabilitation program as a source of providing job for the hearing impaired. This will enhance the individual’s career development or enable the individual to make more effective career decision.
The study will serve as a good reference to the researchers who is interested in the field of this study and also to be able to scrutinize the effort of the community based rehabilitation program on the person with hearing impairment also, with its effectiveness.
This study examines the impact of community based rehabilitation program in enhancing job prospect for person with hearing impairment. Also, this research work is limited to Akinyele local government of Oyo State.
The aim of this study would be highlighted as follow;
- The community based rehabilitation program serve as an effective strategy for creating job opportunity for person with hearing impairment.
- Its aim at providing advice and support services for person with hearing impairment
- It will help the person with hearing impairment to partake in workshop training that will make independent
- It will help in enhancing the quality of life and ensuring employment opportunity for person with hearing impairment
- IT will help to ensure empowerment opportunities for person with hearing impairment
- It will help to ensure empowerment and community mobilization of person with hearing impairment and their families
- Does community based rehabilitation programme create a hopeful future for person with hearing impairment?
- Does community based rehabilitation programme enhance job prospect for the hearing impaired
- How the community based rehabilitation programme secure job that will make the person with hearing loss be totally independent?
- What are the stages which the community based rehabilitation programme involve in enhancing job prospect for the hearing impaired person?
Hearing Impairment: This covers the entire range of auditory disorder, encompassing not only deafness, but also people with very mild loss who may understand speech without difficulty.
Community Based Rehabilitation: It is a multi-sectoral strategy that empowers persons with disabilities to access and benefit from education, employment, health and social services in a given community.
Hearing Impaired: It is technically accurate description of someone whose is hearing partially or who does not hear at all.
Job: This is a piece of work, especially a specific task done as part of the routine of one’s occupation or for an agreed price
Job placement: simply means placement of an individual in jobs that match their abilities.