- OUR SERVICES
- ANALYSIS-HIRE US
- TERM PAPER – HIRE US
- PROPOSAL-HIRE US
- ASSIGNMENT-HIRE US
- JOURNALS – HIRE US
- PROJECTS-HIRE US
- SERMINAL REPORT – HIRE US
- RESEARCH COURSES
- RESEARCH TIPS
- PROJECT MATERIALS
- contact form
- About us
THE INFLUENCE OF ACCOUNTANT IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF BEST PRACTICE IN GOVERNMENT ORGANISATION.
THE INFLUENCE OF ACCOUNTANT IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF BEST PRACTICE IN GOVERNMENT ORGANISATION – PDF
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Corruption and looting of public treasury is a major problem in the public sector accounting. Report from office of statistics Lagos show that our accounting records are balanced in arrears and our financial records are hardly balanced daily, weekly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly basis as appropriate. This was evidenced by Chief Olusegun Obasanjo during his first maiden address to the nation immediately he was sworn-in as the President of the federal republic of Nigeria on the 29th day of May 1999. He stressed that accountability, probity and transparency has suffered a lot set-back especially in the civil service. He therefore suggested that some of the best ways to eliminate this ill in the Nigerian public service are;
- The effective use of public accounts;
- The use of effective legislation;
- The effective implementation of government policies programs;
- The effective use of auditors of the federal republic of Nigeria among others.
He therefore concluded by saying “when we consider how the public accounting and auditing can grow and develop, we are concerned not only with helping the public accountant or the auditor fill their position, but also with helping the whole economy and the organizational structure grow and develop” (Obasanjo). The concept should therefore make it wise for us to look more closely at the relationship between Nigeria and other countries of the world. And for Nigeria to be recognized as a corrupt-free economy, the accounting profession must be in a position to balance the financial records of the federal government daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly basis. This is because members of the public and the international community want to see results, see the economy grow and the professions produce the final output.
The same goes for other facts of the economy as indicated above. The military system of administration should be thrown to the winds as we have evolved democracy like other developed countries of the world such as United State of America, United Kingdom etc. It was in an attempt to analyze the import of the president‟s address on the 29th May, 1999 that this topic, “the impact of accountant in the implementation of accountability, probity and transparency in the federal civil service” comes to mind.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
1. Financial records do not reflect the true and fair view of the accounting records due to the corrupt society.
2. Budgets are never reviewed in time and derivations are not investigated to ensure prompt remedial action which will re direct and re orientates plans towards budgeted levels.
3. The threat to the continual production of qualified accountants who will replace other retrieving hands. The system forms a number of factors like inadequate infrastructures e.g. training materials, library facilities‟ computers etc. necessary for programs thereby leading to a very poor and unrealistic remuneration paid to the practicing accountant in form of salary.
4. Funds are not judiciously expended for the purposes they were outlined for.
5. Another shortcoming is the quota system.